Tabs

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Movin' On Up

We're upstairs now people. Actually as I speak type, I am in our new office area.
We found a pendant lamp on West Elm, on clearance for $7, the shipping actually cost more than the light itself. I'm thinking of spray painting it navy blue, but am waiting to see how the rest of the area comes out before committing to a color.

The chair is a Herman Miller circa 1970. And no it did not cost $898, it's Dave's old desk chair. Maybe with the day off tomorrow me and my new chair will take a trip to the beach.
The desk is ICRAPA, er I mean IKEA. I wanted Dave to make a parson's desk but after finishing the entire upstairs making him build a piece of furniture seemed cruel.

The entertainment side of the room is a work in progress, but it's coming along. We got a couch and chair from Dave's parents. They got a new sectional, so we had no problem helping them de-clutter their basement.
Playing around with the built-ins
I got the skeleton keys from this sketchy garage sale thing in Cambridge. Some guy sells stuff out of a garage and I think he may live in the attic above it. I also got a mirror for $5 for above the fireplace but it needs a new mirror and it's been a fiasco trying to fit one in. That's a post for another day.

Here's a preview of the curtain fabric.


I ordered pillows on Etsy and can't wait until they arrive. Until then..


No comments:

Post a Comment