Amidst the attic renovation, Dave found mold. That put a damper on things (pun intended) for weeks. When we moved in Dave discovered that the bathroom fan vent was vented into the attic and not outside. One of the first projects he did when we moved in was fix it and put a vent in on the roof. Now, years later, we found the true damage. The mold was pretty bad and ran along the whole front of the crawl space and into the soffit. Guys came in and had to sand off the mold and treat it with antibac (don't worry it's a green product).
Now that that's done Dave has made some steady progress. He did the framing to get skylights put in, which saved a couple hundred bucks.
And they're in. By code we needed to put skylights in so we didn't really have a choice, but they are well worth it. They bring in so much light.This weekend Dave did the framing for a walk in closet and bedroom. The space that is open is going to be a small office. Our files are now in the basement and aren't exactly easy to get to when we need them.