Tabs

Sunday, May 1, 2011

We have a baby!



We keep saying that to each other. It just seems so strange that we're parents and that our baby is here. It's still pretty surreal. These past two weeks since William was born have flown by. William had his first bath, first walk and first trip to the store. Dave is home for one more week before he goes back to work (which is when the panic of being alone will set in)! My goal for next week is to practice taking William and Sammy out for a walk and take him out to the store by myself. Timing has been everything! If I feed him before I go out, I have about an hour and half before he needs to eat again. It's amazing how quickly I can do things now that used to take a lot longer. I flew through the grocery store and Target today throwing stuff in the cart and zipped home to find a sleeping baby. That was a good feeling since I thought I'd get home to Dave trying to console a hungry kid.
William's first bath was a success. He even enjoyed it once mom and dad got the water warm enough!



Dave is an amazing dad, William is lucky guy. He has been doing all sorts of things around the house like cleaning out the garage and porch, finishing up the trim in the kitchen, washing windows and cars, while also helping out with the baby. (resulting in the photo below)


It's been quite a learning experience for the both of us. We never know if we are doing things right, we're up all hours of the night, and are always exhausted. All that said, everything becomes worth it when we look at William's sweet little face.

3 comments:

  1. congrats! what a cutie he is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! He is so adorable!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, we like to think so too! :)

    ReplyDelete