Tabs

Sunday, February 6, 2011

putting the crib together

I couldn't think of a catchy title, so I stated it like it is. I think it's pregnancy brain, I have no creativity. In the disaster that is our nursery we figured why not add one more thing to the clutter, the crib. Our bedroom is exactly 2 steps to the nursery so we're not having a bassinet or doing co-sleeping. The baby will go in the crib from the start (at least that's the plan). Now that I'm into the 3rd trimester reality set in that we're actually having a baby and soon at that. We should probably have the necessities like a place for the kid to sleep, even if it's amidst a kitchen aid mixer, wedding gifts and spices.


The entire crib making process took only a half an hour, thanks to my quick working hubby. For the most part I just stood around and watched, and of course took photos. No house project would be complete without Sammy helping out.
I'm sure she would have been in the crib if we let her.
It's almost done.. This is how the crib would be a toddler "bed." You just add this 'don't-want-child-to-fall-out-of-bed-rail' that came with the crib. That was an added bonus of this crib since most of the toddler conversion kits are an additional cost.
And what you've been waiting for...

Not bad for a half hour's work! Thankfully there was no yelling or fighting over "But part 3G doesn't fit into 4F!", like in the movies or sitcoms as a couple struggles to put the crib together. I guess it helps to have an engineer husband.
I made the banner out of extra scrap booking paper when I made the mobile, and wanted to see how it looks. Next on deck? The crib skirt. One problem, I fell in love with some fabric when I was out buying the materials to attach the crib skirt to the crib. Now I have some decisions to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment