There's only so much I can do in the nursery since it currently houses the entire contents of our kitchen cabinets. Somehow we managed to squeeze a crib in the room. Since the crib was already assembled I was able to tackle the project of making a crib skirt via this method.
The top and bottom of the crib skirt will not show, so I didn't even bother adding a hem to the skirt. This made for an easy job of measuring and cutting the material then attaching the material to the metal frame of the crib with velcro. While I was at the fabric store buying the velcro, I fell in love with a Dwell Studio animal print fabric and ended up buying some even though I had already bought and cut fabric to use in the nursery.
After much deliberation (and Dave saying he liked the new fabric) I decided to stick with the Bodalee fabric I already had. To use the Dwell fabric I would have to make new canvases and get new curtains. I also tried to match the mobile colors to the Bodalee fabric. It seemed silly to start over this late in the game. Back to the store the cute Dwell (sniff, sniff) fabric went.
The nursery rocker gets delivered on Monday, Happy Valentine's Day to me! I decided to be adventurous and order the chair in another color than the white color I had originally chose. You'll just have to wait and see what it looks like!