Tabs

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Nursery Mobile

Two posts in one day?! Yep, I can't do much else because the sawing and drilling are too loud for me to hear the t.v.!

Here's how I made a super simple mobile for the little guy's nursery.

Materials:
embroidery hoop
craft paint
ribbon
fishing line
scrapbooking paper
1 1/2" and 2" hole punch (or you can trace circles and cut them out, but that sounded like waaaay too much work)
glue gun

Here are some pictures during the process.

I needed two coats of paint to cover the wood.

My assortment of scrapbooking paper.

The cut out circles.

I just noticed that I didn't take a photo of actually putting together the circles, but it's pretty self explanatory. Take two circles of the same size and glue one to the ribbon and then glue another one directly over it. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy.
I matched the paper colors to the Boodalee fabric that I bought to use in the nursery. You may remember it from the mood board.

Then I glued all of the strands to the hoop. Right now it's hanging by fishing line. You could also use ribbon to hang it up. (I ran out!)

Ta-da!



Please forgive my amateur photography skills. I still don't know how to use my new camera!

2 comments:

  1. I saw your comment on the YHL Facebook and popped over. I love all that you've done! We closed on our house on April 30, 2010, but got our keys on the 16th (awesome seller), so we're house twins! And I just wanted to say... thanks for making us look bad. ;) Keep up the good work, I'm adding you to my Google Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool!

    Amanda
    softandstiffpeaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete