Tabs

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Well hello there.

It's been a while. Yes, I've been majorly slacking on my blogging duties. Well there is a good reason for it. For the past four months I've been in a black hole. Sleeping for 12 hrs at a time, feeling dizzy and nauseous, and generally crappy. Yes, you guessed it, I'm pregnant! I'm 15 weeks and just starting to feel better, but teaching 5 year olds for 7 hrs a day doesn't help. DVR has been my best friend as my bedtime is 8 or 9 pm and I miss all my favorite shows. I made cookies last weekend, the first time in months I cooked anything that didn't require a microwave. I feel like I am slowly turning back to my old self.
Here's the bambino in utero at 11wks.

So after I peed on a stick and got the plus sign, Dave quickly realized that he had to get his ass in gear on the kitchen. There are many house projects on the list, but right now we're focusing on getting the kitchen finished before we welcome a little one into the world. I'm not sure that sawdust and paint fumes are good for a baby.

Also on my mind is the nursery. I've been waiting to decorate the nursery since we moved in! I already started this summer, but it came to a halt when the nursery turned into a storage facility. The room actually looks much worse now that I have put all my summer clothes and ones that don't fit me anymore into tupperwear bins (aaaand they're stacked to the ceiling). We won't find out if it's a boy or a girl for a few more weeks and once we do I can decorate accordingly!

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the blog and update you on all the reno going on over here. But please forgive me if you don't see a another post for a while, I have learned that it's a lot of work to grow a baby.

3 comments:

  1. Yeaaaa! I can't wait to read about all of your updates as an almost-threesome! Love the pic -- what a cutie already. Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder if he/she will inhert that red hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know we can't wait either! We won't know till mid Nov. I think there is a good chance for a redhead. Dave has some red hair on his side of the family.

    ReplyDelete