Tabs

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Stairs Complete

Yes, they are finally done. And what a world of difference it makes in the basement. Here's some before and after pictures.

Before, aaand I just realized that I didn't ever take a before picture of the old stairs before they were ripped down. What kind of blogger am I??

Here's the best I can do on the " before" photos:

This was taken before we moved in. You can kinda see what they looked like. To my disappointment, they did not leave the awesome wooden chair.


The only photo I have of the stairs close up. They were covered in vinyl, nice.


And they're gone


After:

Dave's already started re-doing the trim on that side of the basement.

The closet

View from the laundry room

The dark walnut stain

And there you have it. Mission complete. Now on to project 1,402.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    Found your blog through Tart House and I've been going back and looking at all your posts and it looks like you have had a lot going on with your house! Some really amazing transformations. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your nice words! Glad someone found my blog! :) I've never read Tart House before, I'll take a look!

    ReplyDelete