Tabs

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Greetings from ÄMÅNTA and DÄFF

Those are our names in IKEA, or er Swedish. What's your name? Just a little fun to start my post about our trip to IKEA today!


We're starting the process to renovate our tiny kitchen and decided to go with Ikea cabinets. We did (or DÄFF did) a lot of research on the cabinets from Ikea and found out that they get great reviews! I was pretty apprehensive at first considering most things you buy from ikea are a. left behind in an apartment when you move or b. broken. The cabinets are a 1/4 of the cost of other cabinets and come with a 25 year warranty. I doubt we'll be here in 25 years, so I think we're good.

I was stoked for our trip since sitting in a 80 degree/humid house was not really how I wanted to spend my day. Plus, going to Ikea is like going to a indoor theme park for adults. Unless of course you hate shopping, then getting lost in the maze of furniture is like hell on earth. I made sure we left before Dave felt this way.

If you haven't seen the suspenseful Ikea drama, Ikea Heights, you need to watch. It's pretty hilarious. The guy that made it filmed a bunch of episodes without Ikea knowing.

You can't go to Ikea without having a little bit of fun.

DÄFF, When's the pasta going to be done?


Just making my morning cup o' joe.


Love me some guacamole.


Oh just another morning washing my hands.


Ok, enough of that. We're thinking of going with these cabinets. We'll have different drawer and cabinet hardware.



We'll also put in a few of the glass cabinets. Not too many of course, because who wants to see all the junk I hide in there?
Who knows when this all will happen. I do know that I'm sick of not enough cabinets and running to the basement to get kitchen items and washing dishes in the sink because of the lack of a dishwasher.

1 comment:

  1. We installed Ikea cabinets last year in our kitchen. They've held up great so far...which is good for Ikea products. :)

    ReplyDelete