Tabs

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On



And this is what I say to myself daily. Yes, it's a replica of a sign used in England in WWII to keep up morale, but I think the inspirational quote can help us all. It's hanging in our bedroom, and I can read it after a long day of chasing 5 year olds around my classroom, and then again in the morning when I realize that I have to do it all over again.




I know what you're thinking, that turquoise does not match her bedroom very well. And, no, you're right it doesn't match anything perfectly. But that's the art of decorating, just like the days of matching your shoes to your handbag are gone, so is being matchy matchy in home decor. The turquoise in the print picks up the small aqua lines in our bedspread.



I already had a vase in the bedroom that adds another turquoise accent.



And now I'm off to go read my sign again before I re-make a 162 photo slideshow for my classroom that has an error and won't burn correctly to a dvd. Keep calm...

No comments:

Post a Comment