Tabs

Monday, June 21, 2010

Checkin things off the to-do list

Or maybe I should call it a honey-do list. In any case, this Saturday we cranked out house projects like it's nobody's business. Imagine if every day was Saturday! Dave painted four doors of the six he hung and mowed the lawn. Then I put together a bookshelf and we made the valance for the living room. Yes, we were working till about midnight but it was still Saturday.

Sammy helping out as usual. It was almost put together and I was patting myself on the back for putting together a bookshelf that in the directions said you need 2 people to assemble, when...



Really?? Really? I put the shelves on upside down?? Although, I wasn't saying really. Back to square one.


Another twenty minutes and, ta-dah! Finished!



The reason I wanted the shelf in the first place was to take up space on the long wall next to our couch. We would have placed some art work over the couch to take up more space on the wall but, alas, the awful wall ac unit is directly above our couch. Lovely. Nothing a trip to Homegoods couldn't fix. I found a canvas print that fit directly over the unit. It fit perfectly, except that there is a whole lotta space left on the wall. And that's the reason for the bookshelf.

Besides staying cool for 2 months out of the year that we actually need an ac, why did someone think this was a good idea?



Can you tell there's an AC under there?


See how the shelf on the other end breaks up the wall a bit?


I wonder what we'll get done next Saturday? Up close photos of the valance coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment