Tabs

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yankee Swap





Our work Christmas party has a new tradition of a white elephant yankee swap. So, instead of bringing a new gift you have to bring something from home that you don't want. It's a great way to get rid of things lying around the house or a gift you have received that you don't want. Most of the gifts seem to be useless teacher related gifts like a tote bag with a big apple on it, you get the picture. This year I traded my gift for an old picture frame with an ugly vase of flowers painted on a canvas. I am sure you ladies at work were wondering what the heck I was going to do with that and why would I want it! Don't worry, I had a plan. I heart DIY!





This weekend I spray painted the frame white and cut a piece of fabric to fit over the canvas. I only needed a small piece of fabric to cover the canvas and we already had white spray paint laying around so the whole thing was pretty much a free transformation! So there you have it, one woman's trash is another woman's treasure!


I wonder what I'll end up with next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment