Tabs

Monday, April 19, 2010

Making Progress

So far, after two days of work we can see the place going from old to new. It's amazing what a little paint will do.

Dave and his dad painted the bedroom Shale from Benjamin Moore. It took half a day, and it turned out great. We picked out the colors pretty quickly, so we really weren't sure how they would look. We were pleasantly surprised! I can't take any credit for the painting, when I showed up at the house the guys were almost done. (I wouldn't trust myself with a paintbrush either)

Before: Pretty-ugly in Pink



After: see the difference in the floors too?




Instead of painting, I spackled. I was pretty amused that I got to spread bright pink stuff on the walls of the closet. We ripped out the bar and shelves in all the closets and will eventually install closet maid shelves and bars. We painted the closets with left over beige living room paint.





All day today Dave, my dad and stepmom tackled the living room, a job that Dave thought would have taken at least 2 days. The three of them had a system down and the 12X 30 room is complete!

Kinda hard to see, but you can see the green wall vs. the beige.




Looks like my dad was taking a nap.



The final results...

Before:




After:




We can't thank our families enough for all the help so far. We couldn't have done it without you!

1 comment:

  1. You should all quit your day jobs - now! I love the contrast between the neutral wall colors and the rich hardwood floors. Very elegant combination.

    ReplyDelete