Tabs

Thursday, April 8, 2010

boring beige



One project I have been excited to start on is picking out paint colors. Next week before we move in the floors are being refinished. We'll let the floors dry for a few days, then the painting will ensue.

We've decided to stick with neutrals for the whole house that way there will be a nice flow from one room to the next. So, no, we won't be experimenting with color like our bright blue bathroom in the condo. I am going to save the bold pops of color for items like throw pillows and wall prints. Keeping the walls neutral also allows us to change the color scheme in the room by changing out accessories instead of having to re-paint when we get sick of the same old stuff. And believe me after a few weeks of painting we will hope that we will never have to do it again!


We're going with Benjamin Moore since you can get it at many stores around us and they have a great selection of colors. I also like that they have an eco-friendly line called Natura. It is VOC free with no fumes, which is way healthier than painting in a closed room breathing in all the chemicals. Also, VOCs aren't just bad for you when you paint, the paint gives off the fumes for 1-3 years! Yikes! Spend a few more beans to stay safe,yes please!




So here's the color break down. Nothing exciting here folks..



The living room and dining room is one long 12' X30' room, so we are going to paint it a light beige that will flow nicely from one part of the room to the next. It is called Carlisle Cream, and it is actually the wall color in my parent's house that I like so much! We'll probably stick with the same color for the hallway.


There are two bedrooms on the first floor, one will be ours and the other will be an office/place to keep extra furniture till we finish the second floor that is, wait for it.. wood paneling! I'm thinking of a pewter color called Shale for our bedroom. And grey called Silent Night for the second room.




I know what you're thinking, ugh, how boring can she be!? But since I have lots of color in things like the bedspread and curtains, I don't want to do anything bold for the walls. So there you have it, boring beige. Accessories to come later!

Here's a sneak peak at the fabric for one of the bedrooms. I heart Thomas Paul.

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks lovely - can't wait to see em on the walls! I LOVE that fabric. Now I'm so excited to come check things out in person and help you brainstorm fun decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: wew for low VOC! Hopefully in a few years all paint will be low VOC.

    ReplyDelete